When someone changes their name or other account information those who have stored them in their contacts before may see out of date information along with the correct directory information. After confirming that the directory information has been updated properly with Champ Support you may need to delete any personal contacts you have for the person in question. This problem becomes apparent because the personal contacts and the directory are both searched when you are searching within the contacts google page.
To clean up these conflicting/incorrect entries follow the procedure below:
- Go to https://contacts.google.com/directory
- Search for the user that you are seeing incorrect information for, click on the incorrect entry when it appears under the search box as you type.
- On the details that pop up, click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner of that details pop up.
- Click on “Delete”
- Click on “Delete” again when prompted to “Delete this contact?”
- You may receive a message stating that the “item cannot be deleted”. Refresh the page and the entry should be gone.
- It is possible to have more than one entry conflicting with the directory so if needed repeat the procedure again to delete any additional entries.